Sunday, March 4, 2007

Moving Forward

I have started meditating again since my last post. I will post a more complete recount of those journeys later. However, I felt the need to document some key information I was given tonight.

Tonight, Cerridwen sent for me. I can't say that the conversation was reassuring, but that is not Her way. She tells the Truth and that is why She is feared and seen as ugly by most creatures. Tonight I saw Her fully. She is truly beautiful if you know how to look at Her, but it is easy to be distracted and repelled by many of the things that surround Her.

At one point, She opened Her cloak and a number of crows flew out of it. One of them came to me. She gave me one of her crows as a familiar and it marks me as a "Truthsayer". This is not a blessing or curse or a gift, it is simply who I am and the crow is there to make sure that I am not able to hide who I am from myself or from others. The crow also marks me as one with understanding of Sacred Law.

She also told me that I am a Dark Elf. I do not know exactly what that means, but I instinctively knew that it did not mean I was evil. My brief online research has confirmed that in Norse folklore, Dark Elves could be either malevolent or benevolent. They are a class of elves that live underground and have possibly been confused with dwarves since they are often miners as well. This makes sense to me since my grandmother told me that my grandfather's people were elves who worked in the mountain mines. I had never come across any references to elves and mining until tonight, but I instinctively knew what my grandmother had told me was true.

Since Cerridwen made a point of giving me this information about myself and making sure that I knew it to be True, I am sure that this is somehow important for me to know and understand.

Curious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you are a rotten liar, so "Truthsayer" works. :)

Didn't the Norse Elves belong to Frey and Freya? I guess the Dark was Frey and the Light Freya? Or am I confused?

&

Unknown said...

Freya's the name of my cat.

Okay, sorry, I should properly introduce myself. I am Tree, the "Goddess of Song", and I am very pleased to make your cyber-acquaintance. I am also happy to hear that you are making my dear friend Fletcher so very happy.

Merry Meet and all that jazz.

---Tree/Triana/One of the Gathered